When I think of mom fashion, this is the vision (above). Tell me I'm not alone!? Ok, I know it's more inspiration than reality, but she is rocking high waisted jeans, and that is one trend the mamas owned first. So I think it counts. Oh, and she really is a mom, so it totally counts.
There is something pretty cool about being a mom when trends are being coined as 'Mom' style. So since it's the era of #coolmoms right now, even for the non-mom, here's our round up (with first hand experience, wink) on the must haves from the mom trend.
1. Mom jeans // prac-ti-cal
Mother The Dazzler Shift Ultra High-Rise Cropped Skinny Jeans
2. Sneakers // comfort is key, or maybe we just need them for speed to catch the minis
Madewell x Tretorn® Nylite Plus Sneakers in Velvet
3. Midi dress // when you want to feel like a women but avoid flashing...when monkeys are climbing on you
4. Printed tees // because #mood
5. Big bag // when hauling tons
Balenciaga Everyday Tote
6. Cross Body bag // when life gets a little more reasonable (aka out of the baby phase) and you need hands free so you can Instagram story your sweet/ crazy child >>
Mansur Gavriel Saddle Bag
7. Hat // for bad hair days...most days
Janessa Leone, Alara Exclusive